Dr Yansha Deng is a Reader in the Department of Engineering at King’s College London, London, United Kingdom. She has secured more than £2.6 million of research funding as the Principal Investigator, £14 million of research funding as the Co-Investigator, and has received the EPSRC NIA award. She has published 110+ journal papers and 60+ IEEE/ACM conference papers. She is currently the Area Editor of IEEE Communications Letters since 2023, the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Communications since 2017, the Associate Editor of IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials since 2022, the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Machine Learning in Communications and Networking since 2022, the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological and Multi-scale Communications since 2019, the Associate Editor of IEEE Open Journal of Communications Society since 2019 and the Vertical Area Editor of IEEE Internet of Things Magazine since 2021.
Academic Positions and Degree
08/2023- Now Reader, King’s College London, United Kingdom
08/2021- 07/2023 Senior Lecturer, King’s College London, United Kingdom
08/2017- 07/2021 Lecturer, King’s College London, United Kingdom
05/2015- 07/2017 Research Fellow, King’s College London, United Kingdom
09/2012- 05/2015 PhD, Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom
09/2016- 03/2017 Visiting Research Fellow, University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
12/2014- 03/2015 Visiting Student, University of British Columbia, Canada
06/2013- 08/2013 Visiting Student, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Task-oriented Semantic-aware Communications
- Wireless AI and Edge AI
- Molecular Communication
- IEEE Communications Society Best Young Researcher Award for Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region 2021 [News]
- Best Paper Award Globecom 2017 (15/2600 submissions) —Y. Deng, M. Pierobon, A. Nallanathan, “A Microfluidic Feed-Forward Loop Pulse Generator for Molecular Communication,” Singapore, Dec. 2017. [News]
- Best Paper Award ICC 2016 (15/2469 submissions)—Y. Deng, A. Noel, M. Elkashlan, A. Nallanathan, and K. C. Cheung, “Molecular Communication with a Reversible Adsorption Receiver,” Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May. 2016. [News]
- Exemplary Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 2018.
- Exemplary Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Communications 2017.
- Exemplary Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Communications 2016.
- Student Travel Grant ICC 2014.
I am currently recruiting international PhD students for departmental studentship, and also recruiting students applying for other PhD scholarships in KCL:
- King’s International PGR Scholarships
- King’s-China Scholarship Council PhD Scholarship programme (K-CSC) (Up to 100 K-CSC scholarship awards)
- International student research funding for various overseas countries (including the USA, Developing Commonwealth countries, Indonesia, Mexico, etc. )
Interested applicants with a strong background in mathematics and communications engineering are invited to email me their CVs and academic transcripts.
Postdoc Fellowships or Positions
I also support the postdoc research fellowship applications and postdoc positions in the Department of Engineering of King’s College London. This includes Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship, Marie Sklodowska Curie Fellowship, EPSRC Open Fellowship, Royal Society University Research Fellowship, etc. You can follow my Linkedin to keep an eye on the recent postdoc positions from my funded projects.
- Jan. – April 5CCS2ELC “Electronic Circuits” Undergraduate Module, King’s College London, UK
- Jan. – April 6CCS3HAD “Hardware Design” Undergraduate Module, King’s College London, UK